Friday, October 15, 2010

It's the little things that make this community GREAT



So, I finally got out and cleaned up my portion of the road for the Adopt A Highway program that we do Spring and Fall in the villages. I had to wait for the temperatures to cool down and the mosquitoes to become less fierce this week. I found WAY less plastic bags this time around....thanks to Sen. Mark Basnight's plastic bag ban...I am excited to see the proof of that. Also managed not to fall into the ditch while I was plucking out trash which is a plus...there's always someone who has to toot their horn at you and give you a little scare to send you reeling. Also found (and left to decompose) two little turtles and one green snake...RIP.

Give a hoot, don't pollute! Have great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment